Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All I need now is a beer and a nice long walk up mount faber. Mount Faber has been like my Mount Sanai since I was secondary 3. I have yet to go up there in ages, courtesy of my leg. I only go there where I am really at my wits end of things.

It's been really quite some time since I last went there. I don't care what happens to my leg. But I just want and need to head up there.

Sometimes all it takes is one. One thing to make me leave. One thing to make me stay. One thing to make me give up. One thing to make me hold on. For me I know for sure, the one thing that made me hold on this long and in a sense strong still. I know, it's not by my own might. But by the power of the Holy Spirit and God's grace.

In an interesting way, there's one application in Facebook that I added just for fun. But somehow it seems to be speaking the right words in my life right now.


On this day of your life, Lex, we believe God wants you to know ... that the weight you carry on your shoulders is much too heavy for one human being. Give some of that weight where it belongs, - to God, and have faith that what happens is for the best, whether you understand it or not.


It indeed is pretty heavy with everything that's going on right now. And, NOBODY knows the full story and the entire burden I am carrying. But no matter. I'll carry on staying strong, carry on holding on.

I pray for the day where I will be somewhat restored to how I was like and even stronger. For I know that perserverance will develop character I will have an even bigger capacity for things.

Lord, I'll carry on trusting no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment