Saturday, May 1, 2010

Great word in season. The first time I went for service after the Op, and the word was like hitting me left right center. It's like every single point, every single example, every single word is targetted at me. God indeed works in miraculous ways.

Elijah was a great man of God. He had fought against the 450 prophets of baal, went against the then king Ahab. He had courage, confidence and faith. However even a man like this would fall victim to depression. He was worned out by the situation around him. The trauma that was inflicted on him. Most of all he felt forgotten and under-appreciated.

In a way, that is my plight. I used to be so independent, full of confidence and courage that I'll be able to handle anything that comes my way. Faith wise, I considered myself doing pretty well. However all that changed since entering NS and most of all sustaining the injury leading to my operation.

I was worned out by the situation at home. I was traumatised by my injury and under-appreciated and forgotten by my family and some of my friends who take it for granted that I'd always be strong for their sake. I guess I felt weak.

There were times where I cried out to God for deliverance. Especially from the thoughts that were haunting me. Many a times all I heard was "My grace is sufficient, it's more than enough" In the past before this whole thing started I've been through times when I cried out to God and heard the same thing or even just a word to look at the lives of Job and Samson. I felt like God didn't really answer me. It was only till today's word that I realised what God was actually trying to teach me and for me to experince it first hand was an experince I would never give up for anything in the world. Indeed His grace is sufficient.

2 cor 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Even now at times I feel under-appreciated, forgotten and taken for granted. But I know My God is above all and that under the different factors affecting me making me feeling weak His grace is indeed sufficient for me.

Through this injury I've felt weakned and defeated. But I've learnt how to really lean more on God and His grace indeed pulls me through. Even though people might have failed me or dissapointed me, Yes I am just that I don't show it, God never does. His grace and mercy will always follow those who really love Him

No comments:

Post a Comment