Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some thoughts of the week, as I have been coaching swimming for the past 2 weeks I've come once again into a lot of contact with kids and realised why I enjoy teaching young children. It's that they are so pure without any hidden motives and issues that accompany associating or relating to teenagers and young adults alike. They show their love freely, speak what's on their mind. But most of all their hearts are very pure.

We live in a very fast paced society. Many a times people forget the simple pleasures in life. Things such as chilling out with nice wine, reading a good novel, munching on chocolates and sticking your finger into jam/honey and just eating it like that. We tend to focus on goals, expectations, targets and agendas. What happened to the (in my opinion the more important things in life) spending time with your family, making an effort to spend time with those who care about you, etc.

People make use of others to in a way meet their own needs. Or rather most of us do that. We fail to realise and remember how it was when we were kids. To do those things that we once enjoyed as a child. Where there were no agendas, no targets, no goals and expectations. Where we talked to one another or to our parents just because we wanted to spend time with them. Even when we were pushed aside or upset or hurt it will be forgotten the next moment. Where our family spent time eating out together or cooking together or even a simple picnic could bring great joy.

Is it really true that gone were the days where we can just do the things we enjoy and still meet our agenda or expectations in life. Or is it that we have failed to realise what are the important things in life. It's never about acheiving success without happiness. It's not about acheivements or results but the process. Have we forgotten all about the key to living. It's not about what you can do, but rather what you have enjoyed experincing and doing.

Do we work for money or for our purpose? Is this what the bible meant in Mathew 18:2-4
He called a little child and had him stand among them.
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.


Is it to forget about your goals, targets, agendas and expectations and to become like a child. to do what we enjoy trusting God wholeheartedly. Forgeting about our hurts and unhappiness the next instance. To forgive without asking. To love without agendas. To care without motives. To take the humble pie and forget our past acheivements living in the present.

However that does not mean that we behave in a childish manner without discernment and maturity. But for our hearts to become as pure as a child once again.

So with these thoughts in mind I pray.

Father, all things that are before me right now I leave them up to You. The past glory and acheivements are things you have graced me with. Let me once again have the heart of a child. To forgive without asking. To love without agendas. To care without motives. Let me not live in the past but the present. Let the trials that I have been through shape me and let me be able to forget all the pain. Being a child in my heart but also coupled with the discernment that I've gained over the years and holding on to the way I should carry myself according to what You have set ahead for me.

p.s. pardon my terrible grammar in this post it's like 04 39 and i'm sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment