Friday, August 27, 2010

As I was sitting in the bus today I saw a kid and his mum. Initially he was being annoying and a pest make a din of noise. As I got irritated I listened more intently trying to find ways to make he shut up. By saying something that will embarrass him. But as I listen he was just being super enthusiastic about going to a passar malam and about his favorite superhero. 

As I listen and look at him I felt so old suddenly. When was the last time I was super enthusiastic about anything? When was the last time I believed in heroes? I wonder if that's also true for most people right now. As we grow up we lost our energy and enthusiasm about things. We no longer did things like draping a red cloth behind our backs and pretending to be superman. Or did we? Or are we just suppressing the things and emotions we feel or think because of the expectations placed on us by the people around us? 

It made me think that as we grow up we lost not just our childishness but our strong belief in ourselves and a pure faith and heart. One that trust totally. 

As time went on the kid became tired and fell asleep in his mother's embrace. And when they reached their stop he woke up and kissed his mum saying I love you mummy. 

I just feel that kids are indeed pure. Their faith, their beliefs, their hearts and their love. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the biological Clock back to when I knew nothing at all. When I was just a kid. 

Is this what the bible meant in Matthew 18:2-3

 He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

When we were kids our hearts, beliefs, our faith, our love and our thoughts were so pure. I wonder now, if growing up was a good thing. Or rather, can we reach back to that state when we were pure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment